If you have read our article regarding kitchen cabinets you may be expecting this to be the linchpin of your bathroom design.
This is not the case, though bathroom cupboards are no doubt an important part of every bathroom design.
Actually the biggest consideration is to make sure that you have the storage that you need. This is firstly so that there is ample room for everything.
This is handy because if everything is not in the cupboard, it starts to spread to the rest of the bathroom, losing the new uncluttered, spacious look your renovation created.
We all know that practical is boring so here are the minor (and infinitely more exciting) points to consider.
- If you have or are planning to have a linen closet, you will require less space for towels in your bathroom cupboards. You can opt for floating vanities/basins instead.
- Real wood is unparalleled when it comes to décor but they must be coupled with sufficient waterproofing and ventilation to ensure their durability.
- Do you want a medicine cabinet or a wall hung mirror? Current trends are shunning the medicine cabinets for a more minimalist, spacious appeal given by a simple mirror. If you are suitably comfortable with your physical form then mirrors are a blessing to your bathroom renovation, providing space and light to an often dingy room.
- You can also shy away from minimalism and bring in a stack of draws overflowing with warm towels, or have your laundry hamper in the bathroom. The presence of these items can add much to the warmth and style of your bathroom.
- As with all things cabinets, the sky is the limit when it comes to customising. They are not white goods. There is this little known trade called cabinet makers who can produce the individual Vanity/Cabinet of your bathroom dreams.
For all queries about bathroom cabinets please contact us on (02) 99 675 675.