For those who have rented or owned a small apartment that’s had some 30 years to mature (perhaps somewhere in Lane Cove North), you will be familiar with its kitchen.
Laminated floors, tiles coming unstuck, chip board cupboards slowly disintegrating, and the arthritic range hood that has been waiting 15 years to have its ineffective filter changed. However what is most notable is the constricting space. Only one place to do your prep work, which finds you placing things in all manner of places from the top of the fridge to the sink.
If you own such an apartment, or any apartment with a small kitchen, here are some renovation ideas that will help you get the most out of your investment.
- Increase counter top space. There is nothing more precious than open room to work. This can be done by:
- Getting rid of knife blocks, gadgets, appliances, breadbins etc
- Have a pullout countertop installed
- Reduce the size of the sink (but not too small)
- Use the wall space. Hang things there such as a magnetic knife rack
- Drawers not doors – These effectively maximise your space
- Opt for a pull out Garbage bin
- Install cabinets higher on the walls
- Knock down a wall and make it open plan. That wall could become one giant countertop between you and your living/dining area
Below is an example of work we have done to renovate a typical small kitchen.
For all your enquires about renovating your small kitchen, please do not hesitate to contact us on (02) 99 675 675.