How do you choose a renovation company when they all look the same? The answer is in the fine print. Below is how we, Hollywood Bathrooms and Kitchens, look after our customers and protect their renovations.
A written contract must be used for residential building work where the value of the contract (including the labour and materials) is more than $1000. Hollywood Bathrooms and Kitchens will always work with a contract that both parties are in agreeance with.
Because there is no law governing what a contract looks like, all contracts look different. Here is a breakdown of the Hollywood contract (our fine print) and what you should expect from us.
- General Terms and conditions: This section of the contract set out things that you, the home owner need to know. Things such as (not a complete list); Home Warranty insurance will be provide for contracts over $20,000, the work carries workmanship warranty of 10 years (conditions apply), the work will be done with due diligence and within appropriate timeframe and that all client will receive a signed copy of the contract.
- Contract price: This price is based on the written quotation supplied by the Builder prior to the contract being entered into.
- Variations: All variations that are made throughout your renovation will be signed by both parties, so you know what has been changed. A variation is any change to the above contract price.
- Quality of material: The builder warrants that all the materials that are supplied by Hollywood will be new, good and fit for purpose.
- Contract payments: To ensure quality of work, payments are made throughout the renovation, not all at the beginning. These payments and when they are to be paid are set out in the contract. These payments are also called progress payments.
- Practical Completion: This is achieved when work is complete or usable, besides minor defects. Minor defects do not hinder your from using the renovated facilities.
- Defects Liability Period: You have the opportunity to tell us of any defects that occur within 13 weeks after practical completion is achieved. Hollywood also provides a 10 year workmanship warranty, giving you peace of mind.
- Cooling off period: If your renovation is over $20,000 you can cancel the signed contract within 5 days as per our conditions. You still have time to change your mind, even after signing on the dotted line.
Please note: This is not the complete contract, but an idea of what is covered/ what should be expected from the contract.
We are centrally located in Sydney in the Willoughby/Chatswood area and for further enquires please do not hesitate to call us on (02) 99 675 675.